Parking Attendants play a crucial role in making sure that all customers are provided with the best parking experience possible. They act as ambassadors for the Edison ParkFast brand, ensuring professional, courteous and timely service for all our guests. Primary responsibilities consist of driving, parking and retrieving customers’ vehicles in a safe and courteous manner and assist customers in getting in and out of their vehicle. Attendants must be able to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission (stick shift).
RESPONSIBILITIESAdditional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Respond to customer questions in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Show up for work every scheduled day on time.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance and arrive and remain in complete uniform before and during scheduled shifts.
- Inspect each vehicle before taking possession and mark tickets of findings.
- Inform customers of valet rate.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to supervisor, facility manager or senior manager.
- Retain a thorough knowledge of all areas of the facility, including familiarity with the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage. Provide directions to customers to various locations in the area, if needed.
- Observe all traffic laws and safe driving practices.
- Assist supervisors and managers with additional duties as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Less than High School education or one month related experience, training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior valet driving experience preferred.
The employee will be required to have and maintain a valid state driver’s license with a current address an acceptable driving record. Must be able to drive a vehicle with a manual transmission (stick shift).
Availability to Work:
Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or weekends may be required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees.
Customer Service Skills:
Ability to respond positively to customer problems or complaints.
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using American units of money.
Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and wear complete uniform at all times.
Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed but standard written or oral instructions. Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, including delays or unexpected events.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use his or her hands to handle cash and equipment. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms and speak and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Additional Information (if applicable):
We are seeking candidates who can work a flexible schedule and drive a manual transmission (stick shift).