Motorcycle parking in Manhattan: Things to remember
NYC motorcycle parking takes some know-how
The security of parking a motorcycle on a New York City street varies from location to location. Most of these spaces for Manhattan motorcycle parking are fairly good during the day. Overnight motorcycle parking in NYC is riskier, and long-term parking may cause your bike to be identified as abandoned - either by thieves, vandals, or the city.
How to securely park your motorcycle on New York City streets
Here's a list of what you would need to safely park your motorcycle in Manhattan:
- Get a good lock
- Cover your bike with something - preferably something old and worn to throw burglars and vandals off
- Secure the cover to avoid others from stealing it
- Lock your bike to something heavy such as another bike, a building, a fence, etc.
- Get an alarm (preferably with an ignition/fuel injection cutout)
- Park near other bikes (preferably expensive, poorly secured ones)
- Park where you and other people, especially police officers can see your bike. Though strangers will not always protect against acts of vandalism and theft on other's property, the presence of a crowd may act as a deterrent.
NYC Motorcycle Parking Violations and Fines
Avoid the following motorcycle parking offenses in Manhattan and New York City:
- Parking on the sidewalk results in a fine of $50.00
- Operating a bike with an obscured license plate or registration results in a fine of $35.00
- Do not remove your license plate to avoid getting ticketed. Ticketing officers can scan the VIN number on your motorcycle.
Unofficial NYC Motorcycle Parking Zones Now Declared off Limits
Take note that many places New Yorkers took for granted as long-time New York City motorcycle parking zones such as 5th Avenue, 25th Street and Park Row are now officially off limits. There have been instances of towing motorcycles by the hundreds. Park with caution and only for the shortest of times.
Easy and Affordable Motorcycle Parking in NYC
The sad truth is that many NYC parking garages, even the open-air lots, refuse to accept motorcycles because of issues concerning insurance, damages, and liability. Most times, you would have to bribe the attendant with insane amounts of money for them to accept your bike.
Don't fret! Edison ParkFast is here and only too glad to provide you secure and affordable motorcycle parking in Manhattan. We have several parking locations throughout Manhattan that will accommodate motorcycles and/or scooters. All of them are convenient to the city's most popular areas: Times Square, Broadway, Madison Square Garden, Javits Center, SoHo, Chinatown, South Street Seaport, and Chelsea.
Booking your motorcycle parking space is so easy! You can reserve online using this very website or call our toll-free number, 888-ParkFast!